What vitamins should be consumed to strengthen immunity?
It has been established that for the normal functioning of all organs and systems, 13 vitamins and 20 mineral elements must regularly enter the human body. A healthy immune system is possible only if all beneficial compounds are present in the body. If even one important substance is in short supply, then different diseases might have occurred. In order to reduce the likelihood of illness, you need to adhere to the safety rules and strengthen immunity. Vitamins should help with this.
An immune system is a reliable shield for the human body. To maintain protective functions, you need to adhere to a healthy lifestyle, eat right, do not neglect the rules of hygiene and saturate the body with the necessary vitamins.
Vitamins A and D are considered the most important of all the vitamins for immunity. Recently, there have been many studies on the role of vitamin A. Researchers have found that there is a link between the immune function of the offspring and the mother's diet during pregnancy. That means the food taken by the mother has a direct effect on the child's immune system.
Vitamin A also has a positive effect on the digestive, respiratory system, vision, skin condition. It contributes to the normal functioning of the endocrine system and it is an excellent preventive measure against the development of anaemia.
The best sources of vitamin A are the cod-liver oil and liver. It is also found in butter, cream, whole milk. Vitamin A is rich in carrots, pumpkin, broccoli. It is found in large quantities in paprika, sage, hawthorn, curry, oregano, and basil.
Its effect is higher than vitamin A. In fact, vitamin D is classified as a hormone that is essential for the prevention of diseases. Researchers have proven that vitamin D allows the body to produce over 200 antimicrobial peptides that are essential in fighting infections. Its own ability to regulate antibacterial proteins plays a very important role in enhancing the body's defences.
Vitamin D deficiency can cause a variety of illnesses, from depression to cancer.
Raw egg yolk, dairy products, cheese, cottage cheese, butter, seafood are rich in vitamin D. There is a lot of it in fish oil, cod liver and halibut, herring, mackerel, tuna.
While vitamin A acts as an initial line of defence against harmful factors, including bacteria and germs, vitamin C takes responsibility for improving an overall function of the immune system and making it work better.
Vitamin C (like D) contributes to the creation of proteins, which are involved in the fight against viruses, germs and bacteria. It increases the body's resistance to harmful bacteria and viruses several times.
Vitamin C can be taken both as a preventive measure and during illness. This will reduce the risks of complications and get rid of unpleasant symptoms.
There is a lot of ascorbic acid in kiwi, rose hips, citrus fruits, black currants.
The complex of vitamins B
Complex B is also on the list of the best vitamins for the immune system. For example, vitamin B12 acts as an immune booster due to its ability to fight germs. Researchers have shown that vitamin B12 is mainly found in animals, not plants, which makes it difficult for vegetarians to get enough of this vitamin through their diet.
Along with B12, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is vital for promoting biochemical reactions in the immune system. For example, some of the enzymatic reactions that occur in the tryptophan-kynurenine pathway are dependent on vitamin B6. In addition, some studies also indicate that vitamin B6 has the ability to reduce inflammation in a variety of conditions.
You can replenish the daily intake of vitamins with the help of cereals, meat, eggs, potatoes, pasta, nuts, and liver.
Vitamin E has powerful antioxidant properties that can help prevent and treat many diseases. People who are deficient in this vitamin may suffer from several health problems and their immunity becomes weaker. Those who have cystic fibrosis and digestive problems are more likely to have a vitamin E deficiency.
Vitamin E is found in foods of plant and animal origin. These are greens, cereals, whole grains, bran, broccoli, spinach, sea buckthorn. It is found in milk, eggs, liver.
The best vitamin supplements for adults
Many vitamin preparations are sold in pharmacies to improve immunity in adults. The following are the highest quality and most effective immune-supporting complexes.
1. Complicit. Inexpensive and popular multivitamins to restore immunity. The complex includes 19 active substances. These tablets are useful for the elderly, especially in need of vitamins and minerals to maintain the body.
2. Alphabet. A popular complex of vitamins and minerals, optimally distributed in 3 types of tablets for better absorption in the body. It is recommended to take pills in case of hypovitaminosis and mineral deficiency, to strengthen the state of the whole organism with high physical and intellectual exertion, a poor diet, pregnancy, after illness or surgery.
3. Vitrum. This antioxidant complex, produced by the American company “Unipharm”, is included in the list of the best pharmaceuticals for raising the immune system. Customers respond extremely well to the drug, which includes 15 nutrients. These tablets are recommended to be taken to improve well-being, relieve symptoms of fatigue, increase energy in the body, cleanse tissues and organs from free radicals.
4. Centrum. This vitamin complex has long been included in the ranking of the best pharmaceutical remedies for raising immunity. Includes 24 nutrients. The active components of the drug have an antioxidant effect, strengthen the immune system, and raise the tone of the body.
5. Immunol. Good budget vitamins, sold in tablets and in the form of an oral solution, including an extract of Echinacea purpure. The preparation contains only natural ingredients. The complex of nutrients is formulated so that it most effectively affects the immune system.
6. Multi-tabs Immuno Plus. High quality and strong vitamins that increase immunity, sold in the form of chewable tablets. The preparation contains useful substances that not only raise the immune system, but also strengthen the heart and blood vessels, and normalize the nervous system. An additional active ingredient is lactobacilli. It is recommended to take the complex in autumn and spring when the immune system is most vulnerable.
7. Supradin. Very good multivitamins used for reduced immunity. The drug is recommended for taking with hypovitaminosis, doing hard physical work, breastfeeding a child, as well as to prevent seasonal infectious diseases in winter and spring.
8. Gerimax Energy. Not a bad complex containing 17 beneficial compounds and ginseng extract. The active components of the drug improve immunity, help to normalize sleep. The complex is recommended for the general strengthening of the body with constant stress, hard physical or intellectual work, after an infectious disease.
9. Velman. Mineral preparation created for men. It helps to raise immunity, improve the functioning of the reproductive system, prevent pathologies of the heart, blood vessels, digestive tract, skeleton.
10. Ladies Formula. Vitamin preparation for women. The active components of the complex tone up the body, normalize metabolism, reduce the likelihood of pathologies of the reproductive system, increase physical activity, remove side effects after the use of hormonal drugs.
It should be borne in mind that in order to maintain immunity, everyone must not only eat well and take vitamin preparations, but also lead an active life, go for walks every day, avoid stressful situations, and observe a sleep schedule.
How to take vitamin preparations correctly?
Detailed admission rules are written in the instructions. But usually, manufacturers make preparations so that the daily dose of active substances is contained in one tablet. Therefore, most instructions indicate that you need to take 1 tablet per day.
The complex drugs should be taken as a course, not constantly. There is usually a two-month pause after each course. If you drink vitamins non-stop, then addiction will develop, the body will stop absorbing the incoming nutrients.
The tablets should not be taken with any drinks, but only with water. Drinks impair the absorption of active substances. It is strictly forbidden to drink vitamins with alcohol.
Before choosing a vitamin preparation at the pharmacy, it is advisable to consult a medical specialist. The doctor will recommend the most suitable remedy for weak immunity.