13 people died in hostel fire in Almaty
A tragic event took place in Almaty in the early morning of November 30 at 05:33, a fire was recorded on Adi Sharipov Street.
Fire brigades arrived at the scene 7 minutes after the message, El.kz reports with reference to the Department of Emergency Situations of Almaty.
The fire broke out in the hostel which occupied a basement level of a 3-storey building. The fire covered the area of about 30 square meters.
The fire was localized and completely extinguished by 06:22.
During rescue operations, 13 people had died, l from carbon monoxide poisoning.
There were 72 people in the hostel at the time of the fire, of which 59 were able to evacuate on their own.
46 rescuers and 13 units of equipment of the Department of Emergency Situations of the city of Almaty worked at the scene. The causes of the fire and the circumstances of the deaths are currently being clarified.
56 people were temporarily accommodated in the school after a fire in a hostel in Almaty, the press service of the akimat reports.